Valentine’s day is only a couple of weeks away, you want to impress him, but want to avoid a cliched gift idea like a bunch of roses, love quotes, a pack of love hearts or some chocolates. Well if he drinks gin, we have some unique and ginspirational gin gift ideas for your valentine.
Gin Tasting 3-course meal for two:
Impress him with a gin tasting set of 3 gins and then pair each of the gins with a different dish, serving up a romantic 3-course meal with a difference. To help you out, we have put together our suggestions on some craft gins and what type of flavours and dishes to pair them with. So all that you need to do now, is choose your gins, order a gin tasting set and get cooking!
- SteamPunk Gin - enjoy with flavours of basil and mozzarella, so dishes such as a tomato, mozzarella and basil salad, or bruschetta. Add Peter Spanton No1 London Tonic with a rubbed basil leaf to garnish.
- Conker Spirit Dorset Dry Gin - pairs well with flavours of salmon and cucumber, perfect with dishes such as salmon mousse, or blinis stacked with smoked salmon and cream cheese. Add Dr John William Polidori Tonic Water with a ribbon of cucumber to garnish.
- Foxdenton Original 48 Gin – works well with spicy flavours, so dishes with chorizo or spicy meatballs would work well. Top up with Dr John William Polidori Tonic Water and add some pink peppercorns and juniper berries.
- Tarquin’s Dry Gin - matches with sweeter flavours, so think along the lines of a vegetable tagine or sweet and sour fish. Finish your gin with a Lamb and Watt Original Tonic Water and a slice of lime.
- Two Birds Old Tom Gin – is delicious with orange and ginger flavours, so an orange and ginger cheesecake would pair nicely. Add Thomas Henry Ginger Ale and a slice of orange as a garnish.
- Curio Rock Samphire Gin – serve with salted flavours, so salted caramel ice cream or another salted caramel dessert would be delicious. Drink it neat over the rocks or add some Double Dutch Skinny Tonic Water
Your relationship is at that stage and you have made the decision to take it to the next level – Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to ‘pop that question’. Give him a bottle of Half Hitch Gin with a gin glass, either a balloon or hiball, and you will have something to toast and remember that special moment with – when you got half hitched!
Love is in the air
If he loves gin then Eden Mill’s Love Gin is the gift for him! This gin incorporates floral, fruity and citrus flavours and aromas and we would suggest serving with either Peter Spanton No1 London Tonic, garnished with pink grapefruit, or Thomas Henry Tonic Water with a good handful of strawberries.
Fancy something a bit more fruity!
Fancy a fruity Valentine, then our Fruit Gin Tasting Set, or our Fruit Gin Duo is certain to put a smile on his face. Foxdenton Estate fruit gins, are our number 1 favourite fruit gins and we have 5 different flavours to choose from. They are perfect neat or if you are feeling adventurous, add a tonic to make an amazing gin cocktail. We suggest pairing Rhubarb Gin with Luscombe Elderflower Tonic Water or Thomas Henry Ginger Ale, depending on your mood. Sloe Gin comes alive with Walter Gregor’s Tonic Water or just mix the fruit gins to make your own perfect drink.
Treat him to a tasting set with your choice of 2 or 3 bottles and hope that he shares!
Whatever you choose, make sure you have a very Happy Valentine's Day.